Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Pelican
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in, someone near and dear has H1N1. Gonna keep my distance from my Mom for a week. Hope it don't take a turn for the worse. Doctor told her its a epedimec here in the area now, lots of older folk catching it, but no youth yet. Everyone in my family has the coughs for a week now(its not knocking any of us down though), hope its not the big one. I think my wife is gonna take the kids in tommorow, I just assume she stays away from that germ factory. But both kids with asma, fit the bill to the ones this flu is reaking havoc on, probably better make sure.

And the only thing the doctor gave my Mom was Musinex.

Gonna go sit in the duckblind tommorow and worry. :?

· King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
No H1N1 in the duck blind thats for sure!!! :D :D :D

I feel for you though. My wife is a RN and I am just waiting for the day! Its funny I don't remember ever worry about this kind of stuff before I was married and had youngins! :?

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Hopefully your mother is in fairly good health. The flu that's running around here is putting people out of commission like crazy. A lot of my friends have caught it (not H1N1 to my knowledge) and it's brutal. Worse than I remember most flus in my day.

She'll be alright Doug. Don't stress it.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mother. She'll get through it, mom's always know whats best.

The flu is one reason why I dont like being inside during the winter, too warm and too many people which can make the flu spread like crazy. I like it outside were it's freezing cold.

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Well my roommate brought home the h1n1 and she gave it to me. It honestly feels like hell.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Took Cameron to the Dr today, he has been down off and on for about 3 weeks. Dr said he started with H1N1 and it weakend his system enough to allow something I cannot pronounce to take over. He said it could be 2-3 more weeks before he is out of it. He has a horrible hacking cough that hurts him now. He lalso has such swollen glands and something else that he had to go on a high grade anti inflamatory. He also has to take a steroid and a potent antibiotic. And last but not least a bottle of incredibly strong cough medicine.

Cam is supposed to be playing in the season ending Pro Bowl on Sunday. I asked the dr if he thought he might be able to make it and he laughed at me and said we would be lucky to have him back at school in 2 weeks. He also said it would take a couple of months for his lungs/chest to make it back and quit hurting him badly

· Registered
702 Posts
its starting to get bad up here too. I can't wait til i come down with it have had a few calls dealin with H1N1. Several of our friends had kids with it. Hope I dont take it home to my young one

· Registered
308 Posts
Like I told my buddy last night over a few blue ribbons, H1N1 is the fanciest name that the scare factory has come up with for something that has been around longer than anyone on this site. It's, are you ready for this, THE FLU! That's all it is. I know I've had it before and I'm pretty sure everyone else has and guess what, I didn't die or go dumb or anything, I carried on with life.

· Man without a Plan
2,748 Posts
Dad had it 3 weeks ago and it weakend his immunine system that he developed pneumonia a few days later laid him in the hospital for 4 days. He is just now getting back on his feet.

I work for children's hospital omaha and we are tracking flu numbers in the area for the children. Omaha has had more flu cases this month alone than it had all of last year. Said this the worst it has been in a very long time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.