Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Giant
3,515 Posts
The thing is, after Jan 11th, everyone will have to recert (either a quick class or shooting) and sheriffs will no longer be allowed to make stupid stipulations, whether it be to the firearm or carrying money on your person, etc. So after January, the way I read it is you could carry a shotgun loaded with your CCW.... interesting.

· RIP - You Will Be Missed
1,361 Posts
I still believe that if the firearm is being used to take game, it is probably the most unethical decision a hunter can make. Its just the way I was brought up and there is way too many people that do it without permits and Injust dont approve! Sooooooooooo THERE! :shock: :shock: :x

· RIP - You Will Be Missed
1,361 Posts
I still believe that if the firearm is being used to take game, it is probably the most unethical decision a hunter can make. Its just the way I was brought up and there is way too many people that do it without permits and Injust dont approve! Sooooooooooo THERE! :shock: :shock: :x

· Registered
44 Posts
Our DNR in Minnesota tried to limit the power of our carry permit's well in the field. The way I read it, so is Iowa. Can't carry a handgun loaded and uncased on a ATV or snowmobile.

Minnesota's DNR found out different. They tried to push their weight around but our legislature made it clear. We have the right to carry well in the field/woods anywhere on any vehicle.

These C.O. and DNR say they don't make the laws, they just enforce them. That's totally BULL! They try to get more and more power everyday. When our legislature changed our ice house laws to where you could be in them with the door locked. The C.O's and DNR lost their minds. They fought the new uncased long gun law also. They fought the right to carry well in the field.

By the way, carry permit's are for handguns. I know of none that allow a person to carry a loaded uncased long gun. Have to move west to the Dakotas if you want that. South Dakota allows loaded uncased long guns in vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.