Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my chair by the window and had the window open a bit like always and I heard a faint squeak. I grabbed the remote and hut mute and listened AND SURE ENOUGH!

It was geese flying over. I ran outside and it was too dark to see anything but the geese were moving. I wold say they kept coming for maybe 3 minutes, not sure how many that would equate to.

Not sure what it means but surely we don't have geese moving in. COuld it be? No, not here can't be.

Maybe maybe not, but usually that is a good sign here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
haha...is there fields closeby that the geese could have been feeding off of. I know in my town there has to be close to 1200 geese on the river that goes through town and on ponds in town and they fly over every night and it gets frusterating

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Oscar... my buddy lives in Indianola maybe he was givin you a hell of a hail call????

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I talked to a guy yesterday and he said that he saw 4 flocks of specks migrating in the Central Iowa area but wouldn't say exactly where.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they we had a few more flocks come over tonight but this time in the daylight. We ran out to look and they ended up just circling around our development and turning back north and dumping down in one of the ponds I Have locked up.

Hunting the wetland in the morning (other factors drivving it) and will be at that pond come Sunday morning.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Fog was horrible this a.m. Saw very few ducks... did see a nice black in with about 5 mallards... could get them to commit :cry: Ended up with 2, one nice drake mallard and a big ole' sawbill. Very few shots today on the marsh. They better hurry!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.