Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· the frugal fowler
3,197 Posts
I grab every decoy I have when I head to the feild. Ratio's don't mean squat to the geese I am killing!

But, I will say I have more feeders than actives or lookers.

When you scout geese, do you look for geese that are feeding in a feild, or geese that are just standing in a feild?

· the frugal fowler
3,197 Posts
You just went back on what you said.. By having more feeders than active/sentries on purpose, your following a ratio, not down to a percentage, but all the same.
That is the most useless post of the year, and this is the second one since I need to explain it. You can put a ratio on anything in life. I hope you didn't just figure that out.:p

My point was that sometimes I grab all the decoys I can fit in my POS Ford Escape. I have 1 bag with feeders, 2 bags with 4 actives and 2 feeders in them. There is the chance that I will be shooting geese over 4 feeders and the rest active. It just happens. Sometimes the decoys get put away in the wrong bags, oh look, I through out another random spread. That fact that I own more feeders than active is just plain common sence. Doesn't have a thing to do with a ratio I am looking to obtain, or trying to be cleaver.

My old football coaches advice that I use still today is "keep it simple stupid". It helps to not over think things sometimes. The only thing difficult in goose hunting is finding the X and getting permission on it. jmho

· the frugal fowler
3,197 Posts
Something to bring up in this conversation is some of us hunt geese that are high pressured birds where most of the time the little things matter in the end, as already at this point they've seen it all. I'd love nothing better then to hunt the birds most ya all do.;)
As I would love to hunt all the bands in your area also. The grass is always greener.....

But I do agree with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.