Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it pains me to see it, but my dad is getting a little older. He is still probably the toughest waterfowler I've ever met, but in the last couple of years his circulation is not what it used to be. the other night, he commented to mom about the gerbing heated blind seats he saw advertised on a hunting show. has anyone used these? i tried battery heated socks once and they were worthless, and the battery kept banging me in the legs. these seem like a good idea though. any thoughts? do they work, or is it a gimmick?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I have one of those gerbring that I've used the past two seasons.

They work alright but not great in my opinion. It seems if you have many layers of cloths on, you can't feel the heat. If you have very few layers on, you can feel the heat.

To me, it seems like the heater might save you one layer of cloths. The battery is alright and easy to charge.

I would probably say I would purchase another one.

You might also want to check out the FA layout pat as well, not battery powered but cheaper as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.