Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gets up every morning at 5:00am and walks with our neighbor. She takes our 8mo yellow LAb pup everyday. We live in a new development so ther are a few empty lots around. This morning he was inan empty lot and came back to the street where my wife was and stepped off the curb and both back legs went into the storm sewer grate. He of course, went nuts twisting and flopping, making it worse. She called me and I jumped in the truck and was there in under 3 minutes. By then he had calmed down and I just lifted his leg out. He must have been yelping loud because most people that live around there were coming out of their homes when I got there.

After a vet check he ended up with a small cut above his foot but it was clear to the bone and he nicked a tendon. Little rest and antibiotics for 2 weeks, then take out stichess and recheck with the vet.

Could have been a lot worse! My wife was a wreck after this. SHe took it way worse than the dog.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Guess we will have to wait to get the pups together.

· Registered
417 Posts
Leave it to animals. They can really give us heart problems and high blood pressure. But got to love them anyway.
Glad to hear all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.