Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I posted a thread a while back about getting into some waterfowl photography. Finally found a break in the spring weather to get out and see what its like...I gotta say I'm hooked and can't wait to get more experience shooting birds from the canon!! Heres a few of the better pics i captured, again I am VERY green at this :cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice pictures
keep at it you will get better and follow your hunting instincts to get closer to the prey (subjects) haha
Wright Co?? Used to hunt Elm Lake and float Iowa river from Belmond to Pikes Timber. Always a adventure.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pictures
keep at it you will get better and follow your hunting instincts to get closer to the prey (subjects) haha
Wright Co?? Used to hunt Elm Lake and float Iowa river from Belmond to Pikes Timber. Always a adventure.
Yes sir! The pic of the flying geese is just north of pikes. Grandparents live on elm. It's pretty hit or miss these days.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
What lens do you have?

A couple of simple tips:

Always try to get eye level (or as close to is as you can) with your subject.

And if you want "close up" photos, pretend you're hunting: build a blind, toss out decoys etc. They're just as jumpy in the spring as they are in the fall. I'm convinced the things can smell or have a 6th sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts