Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
I got a good one of my daughter laying across Sadie. The little one is sicker than heck. Sadie seems to enjoy comforting her.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Here's a picture of Avery at dog class. She's got her basic OB down pat. Now that it's warm out, it's time to really start hammering her hunt training.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
Here's a picture of Avery at dog class. She's got her basic OB down pat. Now that it's warm out, it's time to really start hammering her hunt training.

She's beautiful. It looks like she's staying into your soul.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nobody took any dog photos this year? Mark?
My camera took a swim in the marsh last September. I just bought a new/used camera last night.
I really like the lighting on this picture. I saw the picture you sent to Miller. That is a really nice shot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For the first time in a few years I spent very little time with a camera in my hands out hunting, trying to simplify my hunting a little bit more and just enjoy the experience as I didn't get out much last year due to starting a new job that required a lot of my time in the fall. This year was very different, had some fantastic hunts and got to watch my dad's 2 yr old lab really start to put it together. She doesn't have quite the same retrieve drive and intelligence of his recently retired lab, but that dog is really something special. The new dog's athleticism is unbelievable, she's turning into a very good marker and is really fun to hunt with...looking forward to some very fun years with her.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also got a couple hunts in with very good friend Benelli86 and his dog ****. He's done a lot of work over the years with him and it shows, just a really really good retriever and a blast to hunt with.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
She works hard at home too...

Reactions: stormy weather

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Can't leave out the trophy pose either

Reactions: stormy weather

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Jaeger isn't a duck dog, but I'll bet he'd make a good one if his handler wasn't an upland guide! GWP locked on a rooster

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Avery's first year went pretty good, she's got the retrieving thing down. Now all she needs is to put it all together.

Season's over, so it's rest time. We'll start training again soon, this weekend is supposed to be really warm so we're going to start working on remote sit.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
181 - 200 of 218 Posts