Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to the forum and just got a "new to me" duck boat. First ever all welded Alweld 1652 with the open floor plan but am looking to get some sort of seating in there to accommodate. Want to see what everyone uses and how they like it. View attachment 7135 View attachment 7137
View attachment 7136
View attachment 7134
Re what kind of "seats" would be best. I have hunted out of many different boats with many different types of seats. My boat is well over 30 years old and I am working on 73 years old already. My buddies, kids and grandkids have always liked/enjoyed our "bunk" seating arrangement as opposed to any kind of "seat". That is because we would, in my early years, get to the lake(s) early; often going out at midnight. Once the decoys are out and everything squared away inside the boat, it is really nice to turn the heaters on and stretch out and go to sleep until shooting time. Moreover on those slow days we find it really nice to take an afternoon nap. The bunk has 2" thick cushions secured to plywood that fit on top of a metal superstructure. You can lift up the seat cushions and store decoys underneath. Our seating is front to back on the port side of the boat. The area on the starboard side has the helm, refrigerator/cooler, 4 burner cook stove and another bunk from the stove area that goes to the rear of the boat. It also has a 2" thick foam cushion that lifts up so more decoys can be stored underneath. This arrangement makes for an open floor plan from the front of the boat to the engine. Before switching to over sized Magnum decoys, we would carry approximately 100 decoys in the boat and when you got into the boat, there was not a decoy in sight. My boat is an 18 footer; we call it the perfect two man duck boat. For me setting upright in a chair, of any kind, all day is impossible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts