Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my SBE bolt to scheels to get a new extractor, I was planning on buying the part and doing it myself but the gunsmith said he would take care of it quick. After standing there 45 mins while he beat on it (the wrong direction) he handed it back and said that it was not going to come out. I was pissed and left with a even more f**** part than what I had come in with! Take my advice and use a good gunsmith and not a wannabe!

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Even gun sales I don't recommend them. They claim they will match guns prices......... YA RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Not the cedar falls one for sure. Took another ad in and they said well by the time you drive there you will pay more in gas than what we are asking. Needless to say haven't bought a gun there since.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well here in Omaha the Scheels cant be beat! They outcompete Cabelas and Bass pro hands down. I went ther for black friday just to see what they had on sale, which was pratically nothing and I wanted to buy a 6 pack of Dakota lessers. Well they had them 30 bucks more than Rodgers so I pulled up the add up on my phone and they guy price matched them! I know for a fact Cabelas will not do that cause I have already tried that and they said they would not match Rodgers since they were more than 30 miles away! I can talk the guys in Scheels down to almost anything but than again we have 3 major Sportingoods stores here plus Guns Unlimited so there is much more competition!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Even gun sales I don't recommend them. They claim they will match guns prices......... YA RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Not the cedar falls one for sure. Took another ad in and they said well by the time you drive there you will pay more in gas than what we are asking. Needless to say haven't bought a gun there since.
They wouldn't match Wal marts price on an extrema 2 . Saved $350 on it. Scheels guy told me they weren't able to match and that wal mart was losing money and were foolish to offer that price. Dislike going to Scheels in cedar falls. Only one person in there worth talking to anyways.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I haven't had a problem with Scheels in West Des Moines. As a matter of fact, if I know someone is looking for a fishing rod, I recommend they get a Scheels rod. They actually have a pretty legit lifetime guarantee. I bought a fishing rod there once that was Scheels and I shut the rod tip in a door. I didn't have a receipt or anything. I just took the broken rod in and they handed a new one to me quick and easy.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have had nothing but excellent service at Scheels in Coralville and W Des Moines. I tend to try and deal with the same guy. The more they know you and know you buy stuff from them, they will do everything they can to make you happy. They have price matched for me as well. I found an online ad for some dekes from Dunn's and they matched it no questions asked. I just showed it to them online. If he screwed up your gun, I'd first tell them to unscrew it. If that doesn't work start moving up the chain. I guarantee they will make it right.. Good Luck Huff

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Scheels in Coralville just gave me an awesome price on a new gun Sat, but that is the only store I been to.

On another note, I would not go to Gander Mtn in Davenport for nothing. Glad I drove the extra miles to Scheels, save a few hundred dollars more than I would have if I bought it in Davenport.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well here in Omaha the Scheels cant be beat! They outcompete Cabelas and Bass pro hands down. I went ther for black friday just to see what they had on sale, which was pratically nothing and I wanted to buy a 6 pack of Dakota lessers. Well they had them 30 bucks more than Rodgers so I pulled up the add up on my phone and they guy price matched them! I know for a fact Cabelas will not do that cause I have already tried that and they said they would not match Rodgers since they were more than 30 miles away! I can talk the guys in Scheels down to almost anything but than again we have 3 major Sportingoods stores here plus Guns Unlimited so there is much more competition!
x2 id gladly trade the bass pro in cb for either of them

·
Registered
450 Posts
I bought a gun last year at scheels in coralville. It came with a rebate for a $100 in shopping spree in the store you buy the gun so my wife got to shop for an hour. Mailed the rebate in to the manufacturer and they denied it because somebody took the serial number off the gun I bought and redeemed the rebate. Called scheels on it and they paid me the $100 and gave me an extra $50 for my trouble. It was a screwed up deal but they fixed it the best they could.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I wish i could affor dto sit outside sheels everyday with a pocket full of cash and buy guns that stupid people take in and sell them for pennies on the dollar! The majority of them just want to sell you a benelli or kimber because they are the ones they bank the most money on. The salesmen are generally dip$hits and really dont know what they are talking about. There are deals every now and then, but only because they lower their prices after guns sit on the shelf for so long or because they took one in on trade and really didnt know what they have. Seen it a couple of times and have taken advantage of their lack of knowledge a couple of times.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wish i could affor dto sit outside sheels everyday with a pocket full of cash and buy guns that stupid people take in and sell them for pennies on the dollar! The majority of them just want to sell you a benelli or kimber because they are the ones they bank the most money on. The salesmen are generally dip$hits and really dont know what they are talking about. There are deals every now and then, but only because they lower their prices after guns sit on the shelf for so long or because they took one in on trade and really didnt know what they have. Seen it a couple of times and have taken advantage of their lack of knowledge a couple of times.
I agree I only buy new and I dont sell

·
Registered
380 Posts
I took my SBE bolt to scheels to get a new extractor, I was planning on buying the part and doing it myself but the gunsmith said he would take care of it quick. After standing there 45 mins while he beat on it (the wrong direction) he handed it back and said that it was not going to come out. I was pissed and left with a even more f**** part than what I had come in with! Take my advice and use a good gunsmith and not a wannabe!
Took my gun into them, had just a small pin in the barrel that the rivet had came out in. I took it into them and asked if he had the parts to fix it. He took the barrel to the back room and came back out about 6 minutes later with the rivet in it. I said thank you, then he handed me a bill for $75. I argued with him and management for a little while and they weren't budging on price. It is an hour of labor whether they spend the whole hour or not!! I had a basket full of things and some hunting clothes. I put them on the counter and let them know I would never shop with them again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.