Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Des Moines – Richard Leopold, director of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, is holding public forums around Iowa through September, with the next session at Walnut Woods State Park on Wednesday, July 23rd at 6:00 p.m.

“I’m looking forward to sharing some of the important initiatives underway within the department, but more importantly, I really want to hear from Iowa’s citizens. One thing I am particularly proud of is the rapport that the DNR has with the public. This is a relationship we value highly within the DNR,” said Leopold.

The public forum begins at 6 p.m. with Director Leopold outlining the department’s top 10 priorities, work being done to develop environmental indicators for the state, providing an update on sustainable funding for natural resources and discussion of local issues. Another hour-and-a-half will be devoted to answering questions from the public.

The first forum was held in Milford at Gull Point State Park on July 16th in which 70 people attended.

Other public forums scheduled for Director Leopold are as follows:

Wednesday, July 23
Walnut Woods State Park Lodge, Des Moines

Thursday, July 31
Pine Lake State Park Lodge, Eldora

Thursday, August 7
Lake Keomah State Park Lodge, Oskaloosa

Thursday, August 21
Lake Wapello State Park Lodge, Drakesville

Wednesday, August 27
Backbone State Park Beach Lodge, Dundee

Thursday, September 4
Viking Lake State Park, Stanton

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.