Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Woodlands has good food. The people at restruant were friendly and service was good. We did not stay in the cabins but they looked nice and if ever go back I would stay there. The fishing was about as easy as I have found. Caught walleyes, perch, and pike.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Great resort from what I have heard. The lake can be awesome but also a cold hearted woman at the same time. I would recommend going with a guide for a day or two or have someone that knows the lake with you. With so much water it can be hard to find fish at times. If you come at the right time, the white bass are thick as hair on a dogs back.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm good buddies with the nephew and sons of the Owner. Woodland is a great place to stay and Devils Lake is full of fish. You have to find the fish like any other lake but its a little easier than most places because you're liable to hook into them anywhere! I have never been skunked fishing there. Caught this 25.5" Eye in 40 feet of water this year on the ice while chasing white bass.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got back from a trip to Devils Lake through Woodland. Hotel staff and guides were awesome. Would most definitely recommend the trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.