Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

concealed weapons permit?

8K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  DuckZone 
To clarify: Law enforcement is not happy that a and veteran can just walk in and get the permit to carry. Just being in the military does not train you in day to day civilian carry procedures and the civilian legal rights and wrongs. And I being a veteran agree with that. And I favor required classes in the legal issues of which most people would never even think of. Even if you took down someone threatening you, the family of that bad can sue for loss of income, loss of affection, and much more and there are many attorneys out there just waiting to jump into something like that. Spend the money and take the class we are talking here and you will see. Actually, the class is protecting your family more than you protecting them from any potential break-in to your home.
No offense but I've trained with and have helped trained law enforcement- many of them are incompentant at best. I've seen members of Tactical Response units shoot civilians in traning scenarios on more than one occassion. Don't get me wrong- I respect them and will gladly share some range time with them. I'm simply stating that being a LEO doesn't qualify you for a damned thing. Your training does.

Take the class and then take more.

And....there I go responding to a year old post :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.