Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to go to central Nebraska for a duck / goose hunt. Is there a way to check numbers?? NOt sure if I should do this or sit in tree stand this weekend.

· Man without a Plan
2,748 Posts
check waterfowler.com there might be free field report for that area. Also check the migration map on ducks.org (DU site)

These help me when I trying to get a picture of where the ducks are at.

· Registered
470 Posts
My advice to you is......GO to Nebraska!!! It doesn't matter what time of year or what the reports say there is ducks and geese everywhere.

I have access to private ground in western nebraska and hunt it every chance I get and cental is even better.

I hunted up there in early october and three of us had 17 in two hours. All the nebraska boys kept sayin was "you aint seen nothin yet"

If you have a chance at good property I'd take it, for sure.

· Registered
470 Posts
Re: .

bucksnducks said:
NOt sure how good it is - it is north of the platte about 15 miles
What town? The ducks aren't really using the Platte that much right now so you really don't need to be right on it. They ll be on the flooded fields and ponds till those freeze then they ll hit the platte.

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Gunner you will not have to deal with ice at that time. No way. Maybe after the 26th. Have only seen it one time ice up befor that and that was some 8 or 9 years ago. Nov 16th to be exact.

Guys have done ok but a lot more blinds out on the river these days.

The boys on the NE side are going to be a lot P/O this year when they close Dec 12th and miss out on some awesome mallard shoots. MMHMMM

All because a guy wanted to treat the season as a recruitment tool and open it early to chase teal. I dont think duck hunters will let that crap fly next season.

· Registered
470 Posts
feathhd said:
Gunner you will not have to deal with ice at that time. No way. Maybe after the 26th. Have only seen it one time ice up befor that and that was some 8 or 9 years ago. Nov 16th to be exact.

The boys on the NE side are going to be a lot P/O this year when they close Dec 12th and miss out on some awesome mallard shoots. MMHMMM

All because a guy wanted to treat the season as a recruitment tool and open it early to chase teal. I dont think duck hunters will let that crap fly next season.
Im not saying your wrong about it closing to the 12th of December but the way im reading it, it closes the 2nd of January.
Am I reading it wrong? Here's the link
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/waterfowl/WFducks_coots.asp

· Smelly Pirate Hooker
2,713 Posts
missinIA said:
feathhd said:

Im not saying your wrong about it closing to the 12th of December but the way im reading it, it closes the 2nd of January.
Am I reading it wrong? Here's the link
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/waterfowl/WFducks_coots.asp
I agree with the 2nd.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
feathhd said:
Gunner I didnt take into consideration Your hunting location. I was thinking about eastern NE.
So are you saying We should go somewhere else? I was really hoping to get around the indian reservations and scope out the women

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.