Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,485 Posts
AJB said:
I dont know we will have to talk about that. I was advised by a guy who has put them on for alot of years not to do that. He said he had a big name caller blow on 3 different teams and all the teams he blew on placed 1st thru 3rd.
At this point I'd be more worried about generating entries/money than a "big name" caller sweeping everything. I doubt many big names will show up for a meat contest with fairly low pay out. It is definitely a tough task taking it on for the first time! As of now what do you have lined up for judges?

· Registered
2,485 Posts
AJB said:
HOLLYWOOD said:
man u guys r really dropping the ball to get this thing posted on CDC.
You dont understand how much work goes into one of these until you PUT ONE ON. It is nothing to show up and call at one and we thought it would be no problem hosting it. ALOT of work waiting for sponsors to have their money and everything to us. Can't post a guarntee payout unless you have the money in hand or you could loose your butt on it.
I think what he meant is that the contest is only 3 weeks away and you don't even have it advertised yet. You would be putting yourself through ALOT of work for nobody to show up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.