Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,137 Posts
Al and I will be there. Craig is coming too. The people that I've talked to about it have said that they're probably going to go. I'll probably blow in every contest. Gonna call with Craig in the 2 man goose and more than likely Al in the 2 man duck. Can you compete on 2 different teams for the 2-man contests? That's typically the rule.

· Registered
2,137 Posts
altrocker1 said:
I'm going to post again just to ask a few questions for clarification. I'm trying to figure out if I can do this contest, but I kind of have a tight schedule for the day.

1) The way it reads is that the contest starts at 9:30am...and there is an hour for just the first round of every comp? Then at 3:30 round two starts for every comp? That means every caller has to stay till sometime after 3:30? Also does that mean there is only 2 rounds? I ask this because I have to leave early, so it probably takes me out of contention. No biggie, I would just rather not drive that far if I cant call.
Yeah what is up with the rounds? Are you seriously doing 1st round of EVERY contest and then doing 2nd round for each contest? This doesn't make any sense at all. Are all of your judges judging every single contest? If not, you'll have to shuffle judges out of the judging area a million times. And I about guarantee judging would go way smoothing judging 1 contest at a time, instead of having judges scores from 1st round from each contest. Sounds like an absolute cluster. Also, you're judging will be much more consistent if each contest started and finished at once, like every other calling contest in the world. Is there some sort of good reason you have decided to run 1st round of each contest and then start 2nd rounds up? Are you only running 2 rounds?

I know I'm not involved in running this contest, but you guys are making it harder than it should be.

9:30-1st round of meat duck starts. 1st round is judged, make your cut, then 2nd round is quick due to a cut in callers, make another cut, final round is 10 minutes long at most because you'll have only a handfull of callers left. Judge 'em, get your finalists up there and place them. Directly after, call your meat goose callers to the bullpen, draw numbers and start the first round of meat goose. Repeat process.

And if you're only running 2 rounds, it'll be even quicker. You'll have more ties, because the point spread will be less in 2 rounds than 3. But tie breakers would be quicker than a 3rd round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.