Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be June 26th in Mason City, Iowa at Second Shot Outfitters(owned by Brent Hanson(hanson80).

We will start at 9:30am.

The Divisions are

Meat goose
2 man meat goose
Meat duck
2 man meat duck

Youth meat goose and duck

Youth division is for ages 14 and under

1st thru 3rd will be awarded

75% payout of the entree fee.
1st 50%
2nd 15%
3rd 10%

Entry fee per division is
$15 pre registration
$18 the day of the contest at the door

Youth
$10 pre registration
$13 the day of the contest at the door

Registration fees are NON refundable

There will be food and drink to purchase the day of the contest as well.

Any questions you can pm me or hanson80.

More details will be posted as they come.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The info has been edited and the details are finalized as of right now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
good morning fellas and ladies. We have been getting sponsors for the contest and seems to be going great. What we are thinking of doing is not only does first place get a % of the entry fees we are working on a guarentee cash amount for first place plus the % in the men and womens divisions.
We would like to thank these sponsors for coming on board
MCBS
Dillingers bar and grill
Mason city chiropractic
Home lumber
Furniture Outlet
First Security bank and trust
If you or you know anyone that would be interested in sponsoring contact Adam or I.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Al and I will be there. Craig is coming too. The people that I've talked to about it have said that they're probably going to go. I'll probably blow in every contest. Gonna call with Craig in the 2 man goose and more than likely Al in the 2 man duck. Can you compete on 2 different teams for the 2-man contests? That's typically the rule.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YA you can as long as it isnt in the same division. For instance you cant blow on two two man goose teams but like what you are going to do with the duck and goose yes that is fine.

·
scabbing consultant
1,330 Posts
AJB said:
YA you can as long as it isnt in the same division. For instance you cant blow on two two man goose teams but like what you are going to do with the duck and goose yes that is fine.
no hes talking about 2 different teams in the goose contest and 2 different teams in the ducks contest. thats how they usually do it. more money in the pot for winners.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know we will have to talk about that. I was advised by a guy who has put them on for alot of years not to do that. He said he had a big name caller blow on 3 different teams and all the teams he blew on placed 1st thru 3rd.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
AJB said:
I dont know we will have to talk about that. I was advised by a guy who has put them on for alot of years not to do that. He said he had a big name caller blow on 3 different teams and all the teams he blew on placed 1st thru 3rd.
At this point I'd be more worried about generating entries/money than a "big name" caller sweeping everything. I doubt many big names will show up for a meat contest with fairly low pay out. It is definitely a tough task taking it on for the first time! As of now what do you have lined up for judges?

·
Registered
448 Posts
We are looking at this but it can and probably will change. Not knowing how many callers are coming.
9:30 duck meat
10:30 goose meat
11:30 2 man duck meat
12:30 2 man goose meat
1:30 youth duck
2:30 youth goose
3:30 second round starts same order
That is what we are looking at for now. But it could change thats for sure. It hard to say with out knowing the amount of callers in each division. Youth we could only have 1 or 2 callers so we would not need that full hour so that would speed things up. But for now this is it. Thanks and hope to see ya there.

·
Banned
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HOLLYWOOD said:
man u guys r really dropping the ball to get this thing posted on CDC.
You dont understand how much work goes into one of these until you PUT ONE ON. It is nothing to show up and call at one and we thought it would be no problem hosting it. ALOT of work waiting for sponsors to have their money and everything to us. Can't post a guarntee payout unless you have the money in hand or you could loose your butt on it.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
AJB said:
HOLLYWOOD said:
man u guys r really dropping the ball to get this thing posted on CDC.
You dont understand how much work goes into one of these until you PUT ONE ON. It is nothing to show up and call at one and we thought it would be no problem hosting it. ALOT of work waiting for sponsors to have their money and everything to us. Can't post a guarntee payout unless you have the money in hand or you could loose your butt on it.
I think what he meant is that the contest is only 3 weeks away and you don't even have it advertised yet. You would be putting yourself through ALOT of work for nobody to show up!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.