Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

Big Foot motion bases re-done

4482 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  AJB
So I got to tinkering today and came up with this for some better controlable motion on the foots. I just used the motion stands that came with them and bent a piece of round iron and welded it on to stop them from spinnig around in circles.

See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Good job, your bench reminds me of my bench. Hard workers don't have time to pick up their tools. :wink:
IAtaxidermist said:
Good job, your bench reminds me of my bench. Hard workers don't have time to pick up their tools. :wink:
ha.....i know what ya mean. most of the time i'm lucky if i can see mine. i don't know how many metal filings and wires i got embedded in my hand the last time i tried to clean it!
Wendlwacker said:
a camo welding helmet now thats hard core!
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I thought my speedglass was cool. What was I thinking! hahaha :D :D
Wendlwacker said:
a camo welding helmet now thats hard core!
Camoclad does wonders.
HOLLYWOOD said:
but you still have the rubber bands.
With the stoppers welded on you dont need the rubber bands on anny more.
How much does this restrict the movement? It looks like they would only be able to move about an inch both ways. Wouldnt this defeat the purpose of having a "motion" stake?
they can move about 1 1/2" in each direction giving them around 3" of total movement. I dont think that any more than that is needed as this way it looks as if they are moving or walking and not spining around, if you look at all the other decoys out there this is about the same or more than what they have.
Dukkilr said:
they can move about 1 1/2" in each direction giving them around 3" of total movement. I dont think that any more than that is needed as this way it looks as if they are moving or walking and not spining around, if you look at all the other decoys out there this is about the same or more than what they have.
I agree. To much movement can make the decoy slopping and make alot of banging noise in high wind.
Call this number and save yourself the hassel.
605-624-3900
Knobbers said:
605-624-3900
that's thier FAX # :lol:

Belive me I have thought long and hard about going to the Dakotas if I could get a good price on all of my Big Foots.
Knobbers said:
605-624-3900
3825 would be the last 4. :lol:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.