Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
3,019 Posts
And the A5 looks good? Probably the ugliest gun to date - yet one of the most popular and reliable autos ever made.

I'm interested in seeing what they did to improve the guts of the gun and if it will be easier to dis/reassemble than the SBE and SBE 2.

Not that I'm going to buy one anyway - I'll stick with my SBE 2. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
one word...FUGLY!

I just don't see the hype... It has to have an amazing cycling system as big as the reciever is. I personally don't see how it would be comfortable to hold?

· Registered
2,137 Posts
Yep, uglier than hell fo sho. I'm sure it'll be one reliable SOB though. I'm with Gude though.....I don't care because my 6 year old, beaten to hell SBE would have to fail at least once in a great while for me to even think about buying something else.

· Registered
675 Posts
SBE II

I too will stick with my SBE II. I put a gun through hell over the course of 3 months. Goes from heavy to light loads.....steel to lead to bismuth to tungsten.....hot to cold and dry to wet without missing a beat. It just flat out shoots and shoots and shoots. It even found the bottom of the marsh at Santee (Nebraska) and patiently waited 30 minutes to be pulled off the bottom. I can't imagine finding a better auto-loader but.....that's what I said 10-15 years ago when I had a Remington 11-87. The the SBE I came out and made me a liar. I aint switchin'!!!!

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I can't believe Benelli hyped a gun that much that doesn't even replace the SBEII. The darn Vinci doesn't shoot 3.5"! To me, that is a big marketing and company mistake.

I assume they will come out with one that can shoot 3.5" rather soon but all this hype over a 3" gun :cry:

The new In-Line inertia system and the assembly/disassembly looks improved and a better system but not fond of the trigger design area and the new button on the bottom of the gun

Lets hope that Beretta is smarter then Benelli when they come out with a new model.

· Registered
4,710 Posts
Doesn't really appeal to me and I still shoot an A5 on occasion. Mostly use it for deer, though I do shoot some hevi shot through it early as it is only a 2 3/4" model. Who needs 3 1/2" anyway??? Very rarely shoot them, only when I get the ammo on clearance. Have 2 guns that shoot them, just rarely use them. If I can't bring em down with 3" hevi, they are way to far out. Plus I can only get 5 in it with an extension in the spring 8)

Pretty cool how the thing breaks down to transportable mode though, but it looks very much like the rifle and I am not fond of that either. I'll stick to my M1 as it hasn't failed me other than before I burned all of the packing grease out of it, which was many, many rounds ago.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirty Frank said:
Who needs 3 1/2" anyway??? Very rarely shoot them, only when I get the ammo on clearance. Have 2 guns that shoot them, just rarely use them. If I can't bring em down with 3" hevi, they are way to far out.
That is true that 3.5" isn't needed but today, everyone seems like they have to have 3.5" even if they dont shoot it so that is why I think Benelli made a mistake.

Of course, you dont need 3.5" when shooting HeviShot but that can get quite expensive for those that spend alot of time in the field.

I shoot 3.5"s out of my Xtrema2 too get the extra pellets and speed that I can't get with 3" and they still pattern very well too.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
CamoHunter870 said:
Lets hope that Beretta is smarter then Benelli when they come out with a new model.
Ditto Mike...
Hopefully it won't be long, but we'll just patiently wait for it. I'm hopin they don't make a movie trailer for it though :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.