Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me a banded 2 man blind for X-mas. I put it together and am a little worried about trying to hide it. Anyone have one or used one, any thoughts.

Before the gay jokes/comments start the idea was to use it to teach my kids how to hunt. I like the idea of being able to talk to and watch them.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
If the farmer will let you, dig an impression out for it to sit in.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Use it early in the season when the geese are dumb.

How long before you'll get them their own blind?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would take a hell of a lot of effort to dig that thing in.

And how long until I get them their own, I have a few extras and my son has hunted out of them. Hunted meaning came along he is 3 so he is not shooting yet.

·
pimpin' suzies
2,460 Posts
they are big, they look like a pain in the ass, but personally i think that they would be the same concept as placing blinds shoulder to shoulder but even better! and i like going shoulder to shoulder with blinds...without the spacing in between i see the perks in it for sure. ull have to let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It would take a hell of a lot of effort to dig that thing in.

And how long until I get them their own, I have a few extras and my son has hunted out of them. Hunted meaning came along he is 3 so he is not shooting yet.
So it will be awhile. I don't think it will that bad to hide, Tanglefree sells a panel to go between their blinds. I worry about the height more than anything else when I hide.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've seen on at Scheels and like others have said, they are large but for getting kids into the field and maybe the girlfriend or wife :cool:, it would be a good ideal.

I think if done right, you could possibly hide the thing in a way that it looks like a large mount out in the field by putting stubble all around it and making a gradual slope to the ground with that stubble.

You will have to pick your spots to use it to be effect, which I mean by that is bare fields or chiseled fields, you won't be able to hide it well. Corn stubble, you betcha.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sell it and just get two seperate blinds. There is a reason they went on sale. They didn't sell. Scheels can't even give them away in Fargo.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a pond in mind that it will work well on, and I will try it in fields. They swear that they hide better than 2 1 man blinds. We will see what happens, can't be any worse that I did this year with single blinds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Belding has nothing to do with the product that they put out. He has the TV show which BANDED helps sponsor. The company BANDED which is responsible for the product you are talking about is a completely different entity. Which by the way is an Iowa based company out of Council Bluffs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've hunted in groups where we spread out our blinds and shot birds, and I've hunted in groups where we bunched em all together and buried them in cornstalks and whatever we could rake up to put on them and shot birds. Personally I think having them close together looked more realistic since it looked like a rise in the ground instead of 6 or 7 separate bumps in the field. I looked at those blinds tho and the only thing I could think they would be good for is a dad taking his son/daughter. The wife/gf thing could work too, but to me, that's why I hunt, to get out of the house, not to bring it with me... Just me, but to each his/her own. I'm guessing the market for two guys to hunt that close together in the same blind was a little overblown?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Belding has nothing to do with the product that they put out. He has the TV show which BANDED helps sponsor. The company BANDED which is responsible for the product you are talking about is a completely different entity. Which by the way is an Iowa based company out of Council Bluffs.
Are you saying that Mr. Belding has nothing to do with the banded brand and this blind?

Most of us know the Hawk's bought the Banded Brand but I beleive Mr. Belding is still involved even though it is very slightly.

Banded would serve themselves well to distance themselves from Mr. Belding and make sure that the Waterfowling world knows it.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
Just brush it in like you're hiding a normal blind, or a volkswagon.

I put Belding up there with "The Situation" on the douchebaggery scale.
Whatcha mean, G. He be bangin' birds gansta style.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts