Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
My daughters first turkey! She's had the turkey curse since she was 12. Turkey season is usually tough for her to find time to hunt. Being involved with youth leadership, student council, entrepreneurship, and all her volunteering it doesn't leave much time for spring turkey.
Last night she texted me that she picked up her tag. Her brother was going to hunt with her in the morning. Well, he came down with the flu. I went out in the morning and helped her set up. I had some time to kill before work so I hung out with her for a while. Not something the two of us get to do very often. We had some laughs about all the previous years. It's amazing how fast time flys by. 6:15 I was out of the blind and heading to work. 7:00 I get a call. Could not understand a word she said other than "I got one". Luckily I work for a great company that has always strived to put family first. I was sent back home to help her.
She's still giddy as ever!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Awesome turkey and an awesome company that you work for!!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Last 1 of the season for my son. Set up on the strut zone to get oh mop top and she rolled in looking to beat the crap out of the hen decs. I knew she was there as I have had her walk by on a number of days this week. Looks like Mop top lives another year. 9" bearded hen.

·
Registered
625 Posts
After kicking myself for not having two bow tags on opener I finally filled tag #2 with another public ground bird. Giving my past lack of success with the bow I just bought one archery tag with plans of getting a gun tag for 4th season. Really could have used a camera the evening before since I had a hen strutting at 10yds for 45min. Roosted 6 birds that night and just like my last successful hunt I planned on taking the little sister out but someone didn't want to wake up early. He drug in 150yds and came inside of 10, shortly followed by two more toms beating on him after I shot. After this years hunts I think it's time to invest in a decent camera.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
Last 1 of the season for my son. Set up on the strut zone to get oh mop top and she rolled in looking to beat the crap out of the hen decs. I knew she was there as I have had her walk by on a number of days this week. Looks like Mop top lives another year. 9" bearded hen.
Bwarded hens still make babies.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts