Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use to hunt the Reservations (Macy, Winnebego, Santee and Rosebud) before the tag prices went through the roof.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Santee are with in reason, the rest went out of thier mind only because the state's wildlife agency was charging such high rates.

·
Somateria spectabilis
10,182 Posts
That was pretty cool to watch. The birds gobbling in the background was a nice addition. I was kind of surprised that he took a step after being hit with that Guillotine or Bullhead.

Reactions: pairofsingles

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
First bird of the year.

View attachment 23209

#3. This bird and his two buddies hung up on me after flying across the canyon the previous day. When they saw the decoys on day two, they came charging in.
View attachment 23217

#5. A 3.5 hour stalk across, up, down, and around through open country culminated in a 100 yard belly crawl and a 30 yard shot.
View attachment 23265

·
Registered
200 Posts
That was pretty cool to watch. The birds gobbling in the background was a nice addition. I was kind of surprised that he took a step after being hit with that Guillotine or Bullhead.
Thanks that was the first one i have ever head shot the bird ran about 20 yards and started flopping. wish the camera would have picked up the gobbler that was answering me at the end!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I know you guys said this years pics but this one happens to be my all time favorite. Me and my son on his 1st Turkey hunt. lol Yes in Iowa in one of those locations I was talking about.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts