Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Huntress
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add one to the list.... wait, he's already on my list.
Bump 'em up a notch.

"I know a lot of farmers do, you know, raise pheasants. I know that you don't have a whole lot of them (pheasants) any more in Iowa. That's great. But we shouldn't be paying farmers to do that. We should let farmers determine where there are critical environmental areas. That is one thing. But to have 32 million critical environmental acres out there is as a result of an overzealous program. So those are the kinds of things that we can and should do when it come to the agriculture program." Rick Santorum on CRP

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.c...on-reserve-program-is-overzealous-government/

· Somateria spectabilis
14,103 Posts
Add one to the list.... wait, he's already on my list.
Bump 'em up a notch.

"I know a lot of farmers do, you know, raise pheasants. I know that you don't have a whole lot of them (pheasants) any more in Iowa. That's great. But we shouldn't be paying farmers to do that. We should let farmers determine where there are critical environmental areas. That is one thing. But to have 32 million critical environmental acres out there is as a result of an overzealous program. So those are the kinds of things that we can and should do when it come to the agriculture program." Rick Santorum on CRP

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.c...on-reserve-program-is-overzealous-government/
Well shoot, with that attitude it's no wonder that he struggles to connect with America's farmers and conservationists.

· Registered
419 Posts
Most, not all, of these conservatives spout more budget nonsense than well minded spending and our rights to enjoy our conservation efforts, haha this might get him some attention though, attacking one of the hardest working areas (midwest) of the country. piss off douche, it’s more than just on issue too, every budget cut is tied to a tax,is tied to regulations, is tied to a subsidy, is tied to corruption and eventually to self preservation due to the cuts, taxes, and regulations etc, horrible cycle.
p.s. if he is against crp why did he go on a pheasant hunt, essentially perpetuating the idea that we need the crp to regain our population, which we do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.