Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys blow either of these? I'm thinking about getting the Adrenaline after talking to Field at the Avery deal in Le Claire last week. Even though I'm a novice he recommended it to me over the AfterShock. So before I take the plunge and buy my first shortreed, I thought I would ask you guys.

· Registered
3,019 Posts
If you're set on Field's calls, he'd know which one would be the best for you. He's not going to steer you the wrong way.

It's hard to go wrong with ANY of the (major) call companies out there anymore. They're all capabable of making all the sounds you need to kill geese, it comes down to which one YOU can make sound the best.

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was originally thinking about getting a lynch mob, but after almost buying one of Field's and talking to him last week I'm leaning that way. I just kind of suck with a goose call so I haven't been able to really commit to buying one.

· Registered
3,780 Posts
the calls sound great, but like any calls they are an acquired taste. they flare quite a bit, which i'm not a huge fan of...but it makes them loud and gives them that nasty low end. i blew one in moline and it sounded nice and goosey. field is a super nice guy and i have no doubt he would provide excellent customer service. just out of curiosity, how much does it sell for. i never asked

· King Ding-A-Ling
2,249 Posts
You dont need to spend $140 on a call. Learn on a poly and then move to an acrylic. It is gunna take some practice before its gunna make a difference. Zink Power Hunter is a real nice short reed for a begginer and its only $20. $25 with an instructional DVD

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snots, I know $140 is more than I need to spend but I've bought enough $20 duck calls and they sound alright but never quite what I want, I feel like I need something that I can grow into. It seems to me that anything in the waterfowl world that costs $20 isn't worth buying (ex: flambeu dekes). I just want a call that I have confidence in so I will actually use it rather than avoiding it and just counting on my decoys.

· Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kruger08k said:
Condn said:
I just kind of suck with a goose call.
understatement
Says the dude that goes to calling competitions... I can just roll that old school wooden honker call I have if you prefer. It's pretty hard to srew it up. haha. I am getting a little better with that one you let me borrow, not sure the neighbors appreciate my music though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.