Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· IAW Veteran
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knobbers posted this last year, how about we try this again this year.

Knobbers post said:

I know it is not all about numbers but thought it would be neat to keep track of the birds that we are able to harvest throughout the year. Just take your total that you or your group shot that day and add on just like the years thread we have going.

We can do a duck count and a goose count. Unless you guys want to get specific about species.

Try not to double up if you hunt with guys from the site.

Like I said I know its not all about numbers but thought it would be interesting to see how many all of us harvest throughout the year.

http://www.iawaterfowlers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

0 Ducks

0 Geese

· Registered
2,010 Posts
ill keep a tally of my ducks and geese I hunt with so many I cant keep up but tonite might be a rain out ....i still havent dried out from sat and sunday. My goal was 30 ducks but I think im gonna be short for the early season..

· Banned
8,540 Posts
Re: harvest tallies

bad dog said:
lets go one step farther and separate the big league boy from the want tabees.post up your batin averages...number of shots too birds retrived to hand!!!!very few will even hit 300.bad dog
who keeps track of how many shells they shoot??? I just shoot till I am out or there are no more birds to shoot! :lol:

· Giant
3,515 Posts
Re: tally

bad dog said:
i guess i do.i dont count every shot that i take,be i was taught that marksmanship is a top skill of a hunter.i try to respect the life i am trying too take.bad dog
Normally I agree, and I considered myself a pretty good shot until last weekend shooting ducks! I know exactly how many shells I shot, and I can tell you it wasn't pretty. But Ducks are by far the hardest thing I have ever hunted, 6x times faster than pheasants, and 10x more agile than quail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.