Iowa Water Fowlers Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 10 Results
  1. Outdoor Photography
    Over the Christmas holiday, one morning in my area had the perfect frost on the trees and other landscapes to get out with my camera and a couple lenses and snapped a few pictures after getting done with a quick hunt. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with...
  2. The Lodge
    DNR News > Recent Releases Iowa Marshlands Provide Safe Haven for Winter Pheasants story and photos by Lowell Washburn Posted: February 2, 2010 THORNTON, Iowa - In Northern Iowa's 35-county, prairie pothole region, the value of natural wetlands is well understood. Marshlands have the...
  3. Outdoor Photography
    Well I know I'm not GUDE when it comes to taking flying pictures, I found that out last when I stopped back at the Wildlife Sanctuary. Here's a few pics, I just wish I had more light or been in focus for some of the flying pics. Clouds just kept blocking the sun when needed. Thanks for looking.
  4. The Lodge
    What can we do to help our pheasant population make it through what appears to be the beginning of the end for our bird population?
  5. The Lodge
    A WINTER STATISTIC 98% OF AMERICANS SAY 'OH SHIT' BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM IOWA AND THEY SAY, 'HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS.'
  6. The Lodge
    Was looking at the weather across the mid west and looks like South Dakota and Nebraska could possibly get up to 17 inches of snow in the next couple of days. North to North west winds could reach up to 38 mph. With a little praying there might some new ducks getting pushed in as long as the...
  7. The Lodge
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...-47992231.html Winnipeg Free Press Big chill in Churchill Winter grips 90 per cent of north, migratory birds can't breed By: Robert Alison 13/06/2009 1:00 AM | It is the winter that refuses to go away in northern Manitoba and most of the eastern...
  8. Conservation Forum
    Pheasants Forever's 2008-2009 Winter Update Harsh winter combined with habitat losses create tough times for pheasants Saint Paul, Minn.  January 22, 2009  The 2008-2009 pheasant seasonhas ended or is winding down in a few states as quickly as thetemperatures outside have been plummeting. To...
  9. Conservation Forum
    The Iowa Department of Natural Resources’ fisheries biologists recently completed fish population surveys of lakes at risk from winter kills and found most had less impact than originally feared. Meyers Lake, in Black Hawk County, and Silver Lake, in Delaware County, each suffered...
  10. The Lodge
    Pheasants Endure Brutal Winter, Cold Wet Spring June 24, 2008 BOONE - Iowa's hard winter and cool, wet spring made life here difficult for pheasants. Take away places to hide from the weather or predators, and to hatch young, and life gets even more challenging. "There is no question that...
1-10 of 10 Results
Top